Report cards were distributed to students today. Please sign your child’s envelope and return it to their teacher by Wednesday, April 14th. Thank you.
LIFETOUCH SCHOOL PORTRAITS: DRESS REQUIREMENTS
Lifetouch will be with us on Friday, April 16th for Spring Portraits. Students may wear “Sunday Dress” provided they follow our dress guidelines:
- Modest blouse; no lower than 3 fingers from the collarbone and must have sleeves.
- Skirt/dress must come below the knee while sitting and standing; a slit must not come above the knee.
- See-through fabric, clingy fabric or excessively tight clothing will not be permitted.
- No tennis shoes; all girls must have dress shoes. Elementary must have socks or tights.
- Shirt must have a collar and should not have any words or pictures.
- Pants must be slacks (no jeans), with a belt.
- No tennis shoes (secondary only).
Students who do not have a “Sunday Dress” outfit should wear their regular school uniform. Students whose dress does not meet our guidelines will be sent to the Office and their parents will be called to bring appropriate clothing. Please note, there is no make-up day for Spring Portraits.
We have begun online enrollments for the 2021-2022 school year. Enrollments must be done online through the FACTS website www.factsmgt.com. Some classes may fill quickly, so we encourage you to register early. We have opened enrollment for new families beginning Monday, March 15th.
SUMMER EXTENSION PROGRAM
Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer our Summer Extension program again this summer, due to uncertainty regarding COVID19 re-openings throughout the state. We apologize for any inconvenience.
STANDARDIZED TESTING – APRIL 19TH – 23RD
Beginning Monday, April 19th, students in K5 – 9th grade will be taking the Stanford Achievement Test, 10th edition, and the Otis-Lennon Ability Test, 8th edition. The Stanford 10 is a norm-referenced standardized test. This means that your child’s scores provide a comparison of his or her performance to that of thousands of other students who take the same test.
The test includes many of the subjects that your child is taught in school. Your child will be tested in reading, language, mathematics, science, and social science. Depending on your child’s grade level, he or she may also be tested in listening, study skills, and/or spelling.
To best prepare your child for this important week of testing, please:
- Have your child get a good night’s sleep.
- Provide a good breakfast. Test-taking uses a lot of energy.
- Arrive on time each morning so your child is not rushed.
- Remind your child to listen carefully to the directions that are given for the test and follow them exactly.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best. Even if some parts of the test seem hard, keep trying and do not give up.
Test results and a Guidesheet For Interpreting Test Results will be enclosed with the final report card.
MACS SPELLING BEE
Congratulations to our students for their excellent performance at our Maryland Association of Christian Schools state-wide spelling bee, which was held at GBS on Friday, March 19th.
EARLY DISMISSAL POLICY
Parents, if possible, please call the School Office or send in a note if your child will be signed out before the end of the school day. All visitors will need to come to the School Office and ring the doorbell and wait outside the gymnasium doors for assistance. Thank you.
As a reminder, our aftercare program is currently operating at a reduced capacity due to the ongoing pandemic. While aftercare is available for those who need it, we ask that aftercare be used only by those families who find it absolutely necessary. Thank you!
9 Friday Report Cards Distributed
16 Friday Lifetouch Spring Portraits
19-23 Mon.-Fri. Senior Trip to the Wilds
Standardized Achievement Testing (K5-9th)
30 Friday Progress Reports Distributed
12 Wednesday Honor Society Chapel @ 2:00 pm
20 Thursday Honor Society Field Trip
26 Wednesday Athletic Awards Chapel
27 Thursday LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR K3, K4, K5
K5 Graduation and K3/K4 Program at 7:00
28 Friday Jr./Sr. Banquet
31 Monday NO SCHOOL: MEMORIAL DAY