COVID-19 Student Resources
Google Classroom Setup
- Your student has been assigned an email address from the school. It will be their ﬁrstname.email@example.com. i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teachers will add your student to their class based on the @granitebaptist.org email address so it is vital that students use this new account.
- Names are given names in the Headmaster system so would appear as Timothy or Elizabeth rather than Tim or Liz. This includes those who go by their middle name.
- The Temporary Password is: GBS2020! You will be prompted to change this password. (See Video below for a full setup tutorial)
- Teachers are working hard to have classrooms open by Monday, March 23.
- It is important to have working Internet access and some device; phone, tablet or computer.
Once your student is logged on
- Your student will have to change their password – needs to be at least 8 characters
- Your student should see their classroom, assignments, quizzes, etc. Teachers will be adding assignments at varying times, so please check often. Assignments will have due dates clearly marked.
- Questions should be directed to the teacher directly. Please use the staﬀ email address which is ﬁrst.email@example.com.
Spring break for teachers and students will be taken Monday, April 6 to Friday, April 10.
Third quarter report cards will be distributed in printed form at a later date; however, parents may access updated third quarter grades on Headmaster after April 3.
Those eligible for Honor Society after the third quarter will be contacted via email to complete their application.
Standardized testing for all grades will be postponed until 2020-2021 school year.
Spring sports seasons for both baseball and girl’s soccer have been canceled.
ABCS fine arts for all grades has been canceled.
GBS spring concert has been canceled.
Elementary Student Packet Pickup
We will have another packet pick up this Friday, April 17 for elementary students (no pickup for 4th or 6th grade). We have assigned pick up times by family last names to limit the person to person contact during this time. Please read and follow these instructions for a smooth packet pick up:
- Parents should park at the door nearest their afternoon pickup location. (Signs will be posted for those unsure)
- Parents (or adult representative) should meet the teacher to pick up student packets. Please keep children and other family in the vehicle during this time.
- Parents should keep their time with teachers brief as there will be many families that will need to be helped.
Pickup times will be divided by family’s last name.
Dear Granite Baptist School Families:
Greetings in our Saviors’ Name. We hope you are all staying well during this “social distancing” time. Our fervent prayer is that teachers and students can all get back to the classrooms soon. As you know, we are in the process of setting up online classes for our students in K through 12th grade and hope to have this up and running by early next week.
We have had several parents ask about tuition and aftercare for the remainder of the year. If we are allowed to return to school, tuition and aftercare will continue as usual. Our policy states, “if you are in school during any part of the month, the full months tuition amount is due.” We were in school for half of March, so March tuition is and was due on March 1st. As for aftercare, we will be billing the “drop-in” children as usual and the “flat-rate” will be discounted for half of the month.
If you will be participating in our online program, we hope you will continue to pay your April and May tuition as usual, as we will be paying our staff for the remainder of the School year. This is an extraordinary circumstance we find ourselves in and we are trying to do right by everyone. If you are enrolled in “flat-rate” aftercare, Mrs. Sharff will remove any applicable charges until normal school days resume.
With this note I want to thank you for your participation in Granite Baptist School. This new format is a great inconvenience to us all, but we know and believe that God is in control. We are praying for safety, health and provision for all of our families, and for God to glorify Himself through these uncertain times.
As always, my staff and I are here to serve you and your family, and please let us know of any needs that arise. Until we see you may God richly bless you as we serve Him together.
Sincerely in Christ,
Dr. Lou Rossi, Jr.
President/Granite Baptist School